We went on our first couple-korea-trip recently, back in end October. It was the first time we travel to Korea together as a couple. It was a 16D15N trip.

Our itinerary:
Singapore - Seoul (5D4N) - Daejeon (7D6N) - Busan (4D3N) - Daejeon (3D2N) - Singapore

Seoul
We went to mostly tourists places such as Myeongdong, Dongdaemum, Insadong and Everland theme park. As I usually shop online, so the beauty products and clothing there weren't exactly much cheaper. Some were even more expensive than what I bought online.

In Seoul, we got to try quite a few nice food. Some of the nicer ones were the food at the famous Myeongdong Gyoza, 닭갈비 (dakgalbi) at Edae (Ewha Women's University Shopping District) and coffee at Paul Bassett.


닭갈비at Edae
This store has been featured by TV stations like SBS
Best one I ever had!



It was cold since we went in end October but still bearable with some layerings. It was really a bad idea of mine to go Everland under that kind of weather, especially so when I grow up in a tropical  country. It was around 5 degree celcius when we went to Everland. It felt much colder than that with the wind. Fever came unto me at the end of the day. I was literally shivering and trembling as we made our way back to our Airbnb room. Thankfully, we were heading back to Daejeon where Jagi is more familiar with, the next day, so he could bring me to the doctor.

Took at Everland before fever brought me down


Daejeon
Officially met his parents ("saw" them when we video-called). It was a really nerve-wrecking experience for me. Due to the language barrier, we couldn't communicate much but his parents are really nice, contrary to what's shown on korean dramas. They even made an attempt to speak some basic English so I can understand. Not only that, when they knew that I was having a flu, they were very concerned and kept checking if I was feeling better. His dad kept urging Jagi to bring me to the doctor while his mom tried to cook food that suit my taste. They really made me feel so at home! I'm missing them now as I'm typing this. ㅋㅋㅋ

Dinner with Jagi's family


His dad drove us to a mountain where I got to witness the beauty of autumn

섷십당 - Famous bakery in Daejeon
I also managed to get a hair perm at the salon near his university. And the digital perm cost only ~SGD$133!
It's better for foreigners like me to bring along pictures of the hairstyles you have in mind, to show the hairdresser as communication will be a problem. Permed hair is generally more difficult to manage as compared to straight hair but the perm I did is pretty manageable. I just have to spend 5-10 more minutes (as compared to my straight hair days) everyday to blow-dry and style my hair.


After the perm
Busan
Jagi and my favourite city in Korea so far! As I was having a bad flu all this while, going to Busan definitely help with the sun shining on us. The infrastructure also reminds me of Singapore! Of course not forgetting the very-nice Airbnb room we had there. We were also very lucky to witness the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 Torch Relay on our first night.

The view from our Airbnb room. The light blue part under the orange part (sunset) is the sea

Haeundae Beach sunsetting 

Gamcheon Culture Village





Popular posts from this blog